Every year, every Christmas


I don't know how love could do this to me
I've waited and waited for someone I never see
But I'm so sentimental and I'm so hopeful you'll be here
So here I am every year, every Christmas

I've wished for you in my heart and in my head
And I got my answer that first moment that we met
And, oh yes, I believed you as you told me, as you said
You'd be here every year, every Christmas

There must be a lesson for me to learn
If you don't trust in love, you'll get nothing in return
Why should I be lonely? Don't tell me it's fine
I have my pride, but I'd rather be with you tonight

So much emotion, it's driving me mad
But I'll take my chances with these feelings that I have
And I'll come back to this same corner where we met
And I'll be here every year, every Christmas

Mere words can't explain the pain and the fear'
Cause I wonder, yes I wonder are you gonna leave me standing here?
Today's almost over but I don't wanna leave
Has my heart made a fool out of me?
My friends gather 'round me with holiday cheer
They say to forget you, to let you go 'cause you're not here
Well, I can't keep explaining what they'll never understand
And why I'm here every year, every Christmas
I return every year, every Christmas
I come here every year, every Christmas

(Richard Marx / Luther Vandross)



Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

Bonatti, un grande italiano

Lacedelli, antieroe nella leggenda

Tempo di risorgere